Posted Jun 10, 2008 2:58pm
Wow, we finally made it home around 7:30 last night and somehow manged to get everybody tucked into bed before collapsing. Brad and I joked that the sleepy little people needed to be in bed by 9p...and the boys were on their own. (smile)
Parker and Chase are thrilled to have their Mama home and Gavin is trying to adjust to sharing the spotlight. They're such fabulously needy and demanding little people! Yes, I missed them very much. (sigh) Brad had come home to be with the boys off and on Saturday through Monday. So, I was truly the center of attention. You know, a Mom in her natural habitat. (smile)
Last night Gavin just giggled as we pulled into the garage and when I asked if he was happy to be home he said 'Yeeeees' in his chicken little sort of way. We were finally able to get him fed, medicated and tucked into bed. As we jostled him around trying to get him postioned just right with a body pillow, he just smiled. He was so thrilled to be home and in his own bed. He slept soundly all night, even when we turned him over at 2am. (Yes, we set an alarm to get up and reposition him every 4-6 hours at night.)
Today he is refusing to eat and drink again, not a good thing. But he did enjoy his walk outside. Even though he nearly slid out of his horizontal wheelchair. :0 Life's always an adventure around here....
I spoke with the surgeon's office and she offered to send a home health nurse out to help with positioning Gavin to eat, rotating positions, etc. The nurse said some people are just fine with the spica cast and others are vey overwhelemed. I just chuckled and told her- 'We're overwhelmed!' Someone will be coming out tomorrow or so to show us some tricks. I hope I'm not too old to learn. ;) Birthday joke.
We continue to pray that Gavin will heal well with limited pain, eat & drink, (have a dirty diaper- big issue) and not develop any pressure sores. Thank you again for your continued prayers, emails, calls, meals and friendship. I'll tyi posting some pictures. Gavin's cast is the most beautiful shade of blue. (sigh)
Love Kara & The Boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look Mama, Gavin's an Easter Egg!
No comments:
Post a Comment